A self-proclaimed “grants geek”, I am passionate about grants and the good they can do. When done well, they have the power to change people’s lives. Not a single dollar should be wasted on inefficient, poorly targeted or poorly managed programs. To that end, I served as a key player in converting application processes from paper to electronic, in developing the online grants management system SmartyGrants, and in formulating the Australian Institute of Grant Management’s Grantmaking Manifesto.
Technology, combined with good program design and management saves time and money for both the grantmaker and the applicant, allowing more resources to reach communities in need.
- Implementing and optimizing SmartyGrants
- Guiding organisations through the process of selecting, procuring and implementing electronic grants management systems
- Program Evaluation
- Designing strategically targeted, evidence-based grants
- Ensuring ethical execution, efficient use of funds and good stewardship
- Helping grantors and grantees work in partnership to achieve the best outcomes
- Utilizing technology to set-up efficient systems for grants management
I formerly served as the Executive Director of the Australian Institute of Grants Management (AIGM), as a founding member of the SmartyGrants Leadership team and a founding team member of the highly successful social enterprise, Our Community.
I currently consult as a Strategic Partnerships Advisor and Trainer for Our Community. I am an AIGM Preferred Consultant for advanced Grantmaking services and SmartyGrants implementation including co-ordinating their Early Access program.
Whether you are a Council needing to streamline your processes, or a philanthropic organization wanting to design a strong program evaluation, I’m here to help.